Science was found dead in Kansas earlier this week. The Kansas board of education, moving boldly into the quickly growing field of popularity contest science, is ready to change the definition of ‘science’ in the state curriculum in order to permit ‘science’ to include supernatural and religious explanations for natural phenomena. It’s an attempted end-run around teaching evolution in the school system, apparently because Kansas parents feel their children are at risk of becoming reasonably educated. Who knows where they will strike next?.
- Did Tasers Kill Oscar Grant?
- CNN Bravely Fires Editor for Making Controversial Tweet
- What exactly is the constituency of the Democratic Party?
- Easter and Commercialism
- Coverage of the Protests in Tibet
- Chris Hedges: I Don’t Believe in Atheists
- With Friends Like These…
- Listening to (the headlines about) Prozac
- Religion in the US: Surveying the Field
- Enter the Nader