The NY Times reports on the growing anti-Maoist violence in Nepal. The violence seems to be being carried out even against individuals with no clear ties to the Maoist movement. It’s may be that in Nepal, just as in Rwanda, the state upheaval may be being used to settle private grudges under the guise of being part of the larger conflict.
- Did Tasers Kill Oscar Grant?
- CNN Bravely Fires Editor for Making Controversial Tweet
- What exactly is the constituency of the Democratic Party?
- Easter and Commercialism
- Coverage of the Protests in Tibet
- Chris Hedges: I Don’t Believe in Atheists
- With Friends Like These…
- Listening to (the headlines about) Prozac
- Religion in the US: Surveying the Field
- Enter the Nader